Role of the PDOs
The chapter bylaws require the formation of a Professional Development Committee consisting of 3 or more Chapter members who are members of the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP). At least one of the members must be the Professional Development Officer (PDO).
Currently, all three members of the Professional Development Committee serve as Professional Development Officers. The Professional Development Committee:
- Advises prospective members of the American Institute of Certified Planners as to the qualifications, purposes and programs of the Institute, the Institute’s code for professional responsibility, the guidelines for social responsibility for the planner, and rules of reference to Institute membership.
- Advises members of the American Institute of Certified Planners concerning opportunities and/or requirements for continuing education and professional development.
- Coordinates the Chapter’s professional development activities in areas of planning education, including the development of recommendations concerning planning programs offered by colleges and universities in the Chapter area.
- Coordinates with the Association’s Commission of the American Institute of Certified Planners and its committees.
- Other duties delegated by the chapter Bylaws or the Chapter Board.
The APA MN chapter PDO's are listed below should you have any questions about AICP reequirements.
- Elise Durbin, AICP
- Mike Thompson, AICP
- Maame Yorke
For more information on the Professional Development Committee, visit the AICP Certification section of the website.