LEO A DALY
Minneapolis, MN United States
LEO A DALY is a leader in the design of the built environment dedicated to transforming the human experience through the power of design. For more than 100 years, we’ve created places that inspire wonder, connect communities and enable great things. Our creative teams combine planning, architecture, engineering, interiors and program management to deliver truly integrated design.
We are a diverse collection of inventive problem solvers united by a passion for great design.
We own the impact of our work, socially, economically and environmentally. In collaboration with our clients and each other, we create innovative, thoughtful and sustainable solutions to the urgent challenges that face our world.This role entails leading, guidance and production of planning efforts within the studio and across studios.
The Architectural & Campus planner will possess strong communication, visual, analytical and graphic skills and foster client relationships through working collaboratively with the studio, team and client leadership. This individual will work across multiple market sectors, leveraging their planning strengths to benefit Federal, Military Affairs, Governmental and Higher Education clients and utilizing strong communication skills, you will work with the entire network of architectural, site and planning professionals worldwide in support of the whole company.
What you will do:
- Lead charrette planning and implementation and project delivery; in conjunction with our Federal, National Guard, Government client teams.
- Lead, organize and guide the activities of planning efforts to include effective project pursuit and win strategies, and the leading and producing of planning documents, including the preparations and conducting of presentations and user-group and / or public engagement activities.
- Performs work which involves the creation of conventional plans, analysis, investigations and existing space and campus surveys with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
- Conducts research and preparation of conceptual space plans, site plans, land planning, feasibility studies, condition audits, campus plans, predesigns, programming and planning reports, and policy documents.
- Assists in collecting, analyzing, and managing project data, identifying zoning and regulation issues, operational site flows and organizational vision for facility or campus growth or improvement, and developing solutions to policy and physical planning problems.
- Assists in preparing for and conducting user group meetings and performing site visits, facility assessments, and site evaluations. Participates in client meetings, public information meetings and hearings, internal meetings and reviews with various governing agencies.
- Participate with the global forum of planning talent & leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Architecture, Planning, Urban Planning or related field, or a bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Engineering, or Construction. Master’s degree in any of the above disciplines is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the A/E/C industry
- Exceptional communication skills and mastery of body language and non-verbal communication, public meeting and public engagement experiences a plus.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the architectural design, planning and construction development fields.
- Experience in project preparations (including up-front planning, win strategy development, working with owner pre-established guidelines, facilitating workshops and charettes, writing executive summaries and reports, and produce and/or direct graphic planning imagery to convey ideas).
- Proficiency in use and application of Adobe Suite of products, Microsoft Office, Illustrator, ESRI GIS, Revit, SharePoint and Sketch-Up is a plus.
- Experience in leading and managing the activities of others and working as a team member to a broader team.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, self-schedule, and be detail and deadline oriented.
- A condition of employment for this position is complying with the company vaccination requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and customer interaction skills.
- Hands on experience in leading government campus, facility, base installation masterplans.
- Must exhibit high energy, enthusiasm, positive attitude, and poise; articulate and confident, be a self-starter and able to task manage and meet schedule commitments.
- Candidate to submit a portfolio and technical writing example of their own work, with writing example to be 2-5 pages in length, minimum.
Why join LEO A DALY?
At LEO A DALY, you will become part of a collaborative design culture and do work that matters. As an integrated design practice, we believe that a diversity of perspectives generates better solutions. We trust and support each other, ask hard questions and solve complex problems. Guided by a spirit of inquiry, we design for people at every scale, creating spaces that elevate individuals, their communities, and the institutions that serve them. Join LEO A DALY - help us transform the world.